District Attorney Rosen's Reforms
Helping Crime Victims
- Brought the Victim Services Unit into the DA's to help more crime victims get the counseling, support and restitution they deserve.
- Created three Family Justice Centers to provide one place for domestic violence victims to get help and support for their families.
- Created a special unit to help prevent and prosecute elder fraud and abuse.
- Re-established a Cold Case Unit that has solved five old murder cases and counting.
Due Process and Equal Protection Under the Law
- Created a nationally renowned Conviction Integrity Unit that reviews old convictions to ensure accuracy and establishes best practices to prevent wrongful convictions.
- Established an Open File Discovery Policy to ensure that defendants receive their Constitutionally mandated discovery.
- Started a diversity committee in the DA's Office to make sure the Office reflects our excellent and diverse community.
- Created an open and transparent process for Officer Involved Shootings that builds community trust,
- Advocated for local ordinances that have stopped the spread of illegal and exploitative payday lending practices.
- Expanded the Parent Project which has helped thousands of parents keep their children away from gangs and drugs, and in school on track for college.
- Implemented a Community Prosecutors program that works with poor and under served communities to help solve neighborhood problems, including graffiti, vandalism, gang activity, blight, and truancy.
- Actively participates in the San Jose’s Mayor’s Task Force on gang prevention.